Monday, April 20, 2009

Social Networking 4/20

For my interview, I interviewed a eighteen year old boy from San Francisco. He is currently going to San Jose state and he is a freshman. Right now he is single and his is interested in women. His birthday is on May ninth. He went to Westmore high and he was the class of 08. I was able to find all of this information just by being his friend on facebook.

Why do you have a Facebook account?

Vincent: All of my friends had one, and they told me to make one.

Me: So you feel that you were peer pressured?

Vincent: Yeah. They kept bugging me until I made one!

Me: Do you feel that having a facebook is a good thing?

Vincent: Yes.

Me: Why?

Vincent: It is a great way for me to communicate with my friends.

Me: Do you feel that there are any down sides to having a facebook?

Vincent: Yeah, it can become very addictive. Sometimes I don’t realize how long I have been on it till I look at my clock. I is a great way to see what people have been up to.

Me: So, in a way it can be a bit depressing because you get to see what people have been doing, but you may have not been invited.

Vincent: Yeah, I never thought about it that way, but it is true. Sometimes I have seen photos of my friends hanging out and wished that I could have been there.

Me: How many hours a day do you spend on Facebook?

Vincent: About one hour a day.

1 comment:

  1. A privacy question or two would have been really helpful, such as do you think your information is private, do you think facebook can be abused etc.
    -chris

    ReplyDelete